circulation and reserves policies
BORROWING LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Students must have a current, validated student I.D. card, in order to check out materials from the library.
- Students may borrow circulating books and CD-ROMS for 21 days.
- Videos, DVDs and Curriculum (student textbooks, teachers' guides, and workbooks) may be borrowed by Medaille students for 7 days.
- For undergraduate students, a maximum of 25 items can be checked out at one time. For graduate students, a maximum of 50 items can be checked out at one time.
- Faculty may borrow circulating books for 21 days.
- Faculty may borrow videos and DVDs for 7 days, unless they have been placed on Reserve.
- Faculty can have a maximum of 50 items checked out at one time.
- Medaille staff may borrow circulating books for 21 days.
- Videos, DVDs and Curriculum (student textbooks, teachers' guides, and workbooks) may be borrowed by Medaille staff for 7 days, unless they have been placed on Reserve.
- Staff can have a maximum of 50 items checked out at one time.
- Visitors may not borrow library materials.
- Visitors are required to register at the Circulation Desk to use a computer. Photo identification will be held while the visitor uses a computer.
- Visitors are permitted to use computers at the Medaille College Libraries when student, faculty, and staff use is low.
- Visitors will be subject to a printing fee of $0.10 per page.
- Medaille College Libraries staff may set a time limit for visitor computer use.
- Visitors may use the pre-installed software programs, perform Internet searches, and access the Medaille College Libraries catalog, databases and other electronic resources.
- All visitors must adhere to the Medaille College Acceptable Use Computing policy: http://www.medaille.edu/college/it/aup.asp
Overdue and Replacement Charges
- Fines are $.25 per day for overdue books.
- Overdue fines for videos and DVDs are $1.00/day. If these items are 30 days overdue, the borrower will be billed for full replacement cost plus a $25.00 processing fee.
- Full replacement cost will be charged for lost or severely damaged library materials. Accumulated fines exceeding $10 will result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Failure to return borrowed materials will result in transcripts, semester grades, and refund checks being withheld, as well as a loss of library borrowing privileges.
Review your record
- Library patrons can view their library record, including patron contact information, items checked out and their due dates. Patrons can also renew books and request materials by clicking on the "My Library Account" link from the Libraries' homepage.
Medaille College Library, 18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo, NY 14214 | 716.880.2283
Medaille College Library ©2009 Send Feedback